When I started writing my blog almost 2 months ago, never I imagined I would write many blogs about young Chinese Actor, Dylan Wang. I found him interesting. Dylan Wang proves that he’s not just another pretty face but a serious actor. After debuting in 2018 Meteor Garden remake, taking the titular role of Dao Ming Si, he joined the crew of Ever Night 2 as Ning Que. I watched his two dramas and confidently can tell, he nailed both his roles convincingly.
I didn’t surf the internet a lot. I might not have enough information on latest update of celebrity world. Yes, technology and social media give you broader options to do so. But about Dylan, I found valuable information on how he appreciated his roles. He posted a farewell letter to Dao Ming Si of Meteor Garden 2018
Quoted from the letter to Dao Ming Si, which I found interesting
- Yes, I dare to say that Wang He Di is closer to you than anyone else, even when compared to Dong Shan Cai and F3, your mother and your sister. If I could really meet Dao MIng Si in real life, we will definitely be good buddies, because I understand you and believe that you will understand me too.
- As to why Dao Ming Si likes Dong Shan Cai, it’s not just because she is the female lead and not because she is special, after all, everyone is different and unique. It’s because this girl is the combination of the most important women in his life. With Shan Cai, Dao Ming Si’s world is complete. With Shan Cai, he can grow from a boy to a man and accomplish things in his life.
- You probably have no opinion on what I’ve said, after all, I lived in your heart. Don’t worry, I’ll move away soon and look for another character to know and understand. Now, I finally understand how exciting and interesting acting is […]
And farewell letter to Ning Que of Ever Night 2 (both letters translated by wanghediarchive).
I quote some heart-warming points from his farewell to Ning Que.
- Period drama? Such long line? I don’t know how to act, can I not go for the audition? Those classical stories, I don’t have any interest!” This was my attitude when I first came into contact with <Ever Night>
- Originally, I am someone who can put in a lot of effort for something that I really like. After I slowly understoon Ning Que, I was sure that Wang He Di’s second role would be him […]
- […] If you expressed/acted well on the set that day, everyone will be happy for you, if you did not, everyone will give you encouragement and help. Everyone really loves <Ever Night> and acting. In this kind of atmosphere, how can you not improve?
- […] I remember in the past, may interviews asked what kind of role I would like to try next, and I would answer that I would like to film an action show, would like to act as a manly character. And now that this has come true, I am happy […]
For a young actor, using this method to convey his journey in understanding his roles, explaining how he loves his character and finally bid farewell to it, really impressed me. In my opinion, this method would help him to break out from one role and prepared to take another new role.
Dylan Wang is productive young bloke with burning passion and fearless dedication. After wrapped up Ever Night 2, he took action in two more dramas which is in waiting for their airing schedule. These dramas put him in different roles from his previous projects.
He takes on the very challenging role in a new period youth drama called, Our Southwest Associated University, set during WW2 as Cheng Jiashu, a University student majoring in Physics.
Dylan will work together with veteran actor, Wan Jin Song who also worked with him in Ever Night 2. (As Master Qi Shan)
This drama also shared some fun facts, that in my opinion made this drama worth waiting:
Fun Fact #1 the script of The National Southwest Associated University and Us has been carefully polished for six years, undergoing 14 revisions and 72 script discussions. The whole script of the play passed a major historical theme demonstration and received high praise and evaluation.
Fun Fact #2 The creative team visited Tsinghua University, Peking University and Yunnan Normal University many times to conduct in-depth interviews.
For this drama, Dylan experienced for the first time, bombing scene, as you can see from this clip shared in twitter. Translated by one of my soul sisters, Dylan shared his experience and his genuine reaction towards the scene.
“Of course, when I filmed the bombing scene for the first time, I was actually very nervous and scared, because you didn’t know how it would blow up. What is the scope of the explosion? How powerful is it. The one after the filming was finished, but I was not actually acting at all. So things are real reactions. I remember I had a scene where I ran forward, and the soil bomb exploded directly on my body, and the soil bomb approached my ears. At that time, my mind buzzed.”
His latest role was Wei Chi Longyan in Xianxia drama, titled Yu Long. A drama written based on the popular game of the same name.
Tells a story about young maidservant named Liu Ying (played by Bambi Zhu Xudan), who saves a snake on behalf of her young mistress in a chance encounter. However, the snake turns out to be a thousand-year ancient dragon named Wei Chi Longyan (the Dragon King), who thenwants to marry her to repay her kindness. The two’s lives then become entangled with each another as their love transcends over three lifetimes.
I guess he would portray at least 2 different characters, since the story is where Weichi Longyan and Liu Ying become entangled in a heart-wrenching romance that transcends Three Lives and Three Worlds arch, with Liu Ying taking on the identities of fisherman’s daughter Ruan Ahyu, general Feng Chenyue and Kunlun Sect disciple Gu Qingyan.
Dylan Wang is only 21 years old when this blog is written. Although he only had 4 dramas, with only two that could be watched, he is worthy of our expectations. The most important thing is that he is still growing! His spirited energy and talents rolled into one package of angelic features and devilishly good looks, I guess it makes Dylan Wang one of the most versatile young artists in his generations.
But good looks can only take one so far, it’s talent that will take him to higher places. I believe he is not just a poster boy. His choices on roles so far, showed that he’s the type of non-flavor of the month trends actor. In the future, he should be allowed to experiment with different roles, explore and challenge himself, to showcase his acting chops.
The biggest challenge in writing my blogs is language. I have zero understanding on Mandarin. I am surely depending on English articles and English subbed videos. Therefore, I give my special thanks to wanghediarchive; DylanWang Daily; Merrygoround777 Wei and WANGHEDL subs for their English subbed videos, so I can get more information about Dylan Wang.
All writing materials used in this blog including pictures and videos are belongs to their rightful owners. No copyright infringement intended.